Even though I really should be social at school, I am really NOT. When I sit in my class I like to have plenty of space if possible. I don't want to be right next to anyone, I don't really want anyone touching me, and I don't want to deal with any bad smells that people could bring in with them. Really, I should be nice. I should be more friendly, but I'm not. I also like to find a location in the classroom where I can escape quick;y in case I need to. (Just a little habit that started after I had the unfortunate testing center experience)
Anyway, in my molecular bio class I have a seat that I like. I sat in the seat the first day and then again and again and again. It happens to be the perfect location...it is near the door, and near a trash can, I can get out quickly, and there aren't any people right behind me so I don't have to worry that someone is spying on me as I write this blog post (yes, I am in class right now).
So, here's the problem. Every once and a while this dummy girl steals my seat. For some reason, that makes me want to throw my empty diet coke can at her. I mean, she has to realize that it is my seat! It's not like we have assigned seats but, really, we are creatures of habit and after about the first week of class everyone pretty much sits in the same place. Clearly, I claimed this spot so it is somewhat shocking that dummy girl tries to take it.
Luckily for me, I usually arrive early to school and since I get here before the dummy I can claim my seat. There are, however, some days when I arrive right on time or even a little late she is in my seat! I walk in, look at dummy, she looks at me, and I take another seat. It is in that awkward moment that I feel like we are fighting a war, a cold war...she has to know that I claimed the seat first, she has to know that she has done something bad!
Since I don't have any real legal claim to the seat there is nothing I can do. So the war will go on. I will be on time, I will beat her! The cold war of biology will come to an end!
No comments:
Post a Comment